Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Duirinish
EXTERNAL ID
PC_TAYLOR_LOCHALSH_08_076
PLACENAME
Duirinish
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
2008
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
30104
KEYWORDS
Duirinish
crofting
National Trust
Hamilton
bridges
Duirinish

Duirinish is one of the eight townships on the Balmacara Estate, owned by National Trust for Scotland since 1947. It was bequeathed to the Trust by Sir Daniel and Lady Margaret Hamilton. Seventy-five percent of the estate is under crofting tenure. In the background, the road to Plockton leads over the bridge to the left

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Duirinish

ROSS: Lochalsh

2000s

Duirinish; crofting; National Trust; Hamilton; bridges

Andrew Taylor

Duirinish is one of the eight townships on the Balmacara Estate, owned by National Trust for Scotland since 1947. It was bequeathed to the Trust by Sir Daniel and Lady Margaret Hamilton. Seventy-five percent of the estate is under crofting tenure. In the background, the road to Plockton leads over the bridge to the left