Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Bridge Street, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
PC_UNKNOWN_006
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1950s
ASSET ID
30165
KEYWORDS
Town Steeple
court house
Highlands and Islands Development Board
Bridge Street, Inverness

This photograph shows a view of Bridge Street in Inverness. On the right is the entrance to Church Street, with the town steeple, erected in 1787 as part of a new courthouse and prison, located at the corner. A sign points the way to the public baths and swimming pool.

Bridge Street came under major re-construction during the early 1960s when the buildings on the left side of the street were demolished and replaced by modern concrete structures. Many of the buildings on the right side of the street were demolished later in the 1960s to make room for the headquarters of the Highlands and Islands Development Board (HIDB).

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Bridge Street, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

Town Steeple; court house; Highlands and Islands Development Board

This photograph shows a view of Bridge Street in Inverness. On the right is the entrance to Church Street, with the town steeple, erected in 1787 as part of a new courthouse and prison, located at the corner. A sign points the way to the public baths and swimming pool.<br /> <br /> Bridge Street came under major re-construction during the early 1960s when the buildings on the left side of the street were demolished and replaced by modern concrete structures. Many of the buildings on the right side of the street were demolished later in the 1960s to make room for the headquarters of the Highlands and Islands Development Board (HIDB).