Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Millburn Secondary School Prefects 1969-70
EXTERNAL ID
PC_WGORDON3_003_007
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1960s; 1970s
SOURCE
W Gordon
ASSET ID
30302
KEYWORDS
school pupils
schools
prefects
secondary schools
Millburn
Millburn Secondary School Prefects 1969-70

This photograph shows Millburn Secondary School prefects of the school year 1969-70. Standing left to right, back row, are William MacRobbie, Robert Steadwood, Hywel Stewart, David Walker, David Glinecki, Graham Blair, Alisdair Goodall, William Whyte and Brian MacDonald. Standing left to right, front row, are Alan Dingwall, Robert Bruce, Hamish Gordon, Michael Tuach (vice captain), Alan MacIntosh (captain), Mr. Sharpe (deputy headmaster), John MacDonald (vice captain), James Blair, Charles Forbes and Colin Keilloh.

The school was established in 1961 as Millburn Junior Secondary School, the school name deriving from the nearby 'Mill Burn.' It was not until 1967 that the school became known as Millburn Academy, having gone through several name changes in the interim. In 1979 Millburn Academy commenced development into a six year school and it has remained as such to the present day.

Millburn Academy now has a school role of over 1000 pupils and is held in high regard throughout Scotland for the excellent level of higher education it provides. A new school was opened on November 3rd 2008 and was built on the old school's playing fields.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Millburn Secondary School Prefects 1969-70

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1960s; 1970s

school pupils; schools; prefects; secondary schools; Millburn

W Gordon

Winnie Gordon (photographs)

This photograph shows Millburn Secondary School prefects of the school year 1969-70. Standing left to right, back row, are William MacRobbie, Robert Steadwood, Hywel Stewart, David Walker, David Glinecki, Graham Blair, Alisdair Goodall, William Whyte and Brian MacDonald. Standing left to right, front row, are Alan Dingwall, Robert Bruce, Hamish Gordon, Michael Tuach (vice captain), Alan MacIntosh (captain), Mr. Sharpe (deputy headmaster), John MacDonald (vice captain), James Blair, Charles Forbes and Colin Keilloh.<br /> <br /> The school was established in 1961 as Millburn Junior Secondary School, the school name deriving from the nearby 'Mill Burn.' It was not until 1967 that the school became known as Millburn Academy, having gone through several name changes in the interim. In 1979 Millburn Academy commenced development into a six year school and it has remained as such to the present day.<br /> <br /> Millburn Academy now has a school role of over 1000 pupils and is held in high regard throughout Scotland for the excellent level of higher education it provides. A new school was opened on November 3rd 2008 and was built on the old school's playing fields.