Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
George Campbell & Friends, Kinlochbervie
EXTERNAL ID
PC_WMORRISON_060
PLACENAME
Kinlochbervie
DISTRICT
Eddrachillis and Durness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Eddrachillis
PERIOD
1950s; 1960s
SOURCE
Willie Morrison
ASSET ID
30546
KEYWORDS
crofters
villages
crofts
George Campbell & Friends, Kinlochbervie

This photograph is of George Alec Campbell (left), Alastair Tom Corbett (centre), and an unknown gentleman (right). It was taken at Kinlochbervie in the late 1950s or early 60s.

Kinlochbervie can be found on the west coast of Sutherland on the north side of Loch Inchard close to Rhiconich. Originally crofting was an important employment in the area but in the 1940s Kinlochbervie grew as a fishing port. East coast fishing boats were forced by fish numbers to fish further west and many boats landed their catch at Kinlochbervie. Today the village is one of Scotland's main ports for landing fish. The oldest public building in the village is the 'Parliamentary' church built by Thomas Telford in 1829

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

George Campbell & Friends, Kinlochbervie

SUTHERLAND: Eddrachillis

1950s; 1960s

crofters; villages; crofts

Willie Morrison

Willie Morrison Archive

This photograph is of George Alec Campbell (left), Alastair Tom Corbett (centre), and an unknown gentleman (right). It was taken at Kinlochbervie in the late 1950s or early 60s.<br /> <br /> Kinlochbervie can be found on the west coast of Sutherland on the north side of Loch Inchard close to Rhiconich. Originally crofting was an important employment in the area but in the 1940s Kinlochbervie grew as a fishing port. East coast fishing boats were forced by fish numbers to fish further west and many boats landed their catch at Kinlochbervie. Today the village is one of Scotland's main ports for landing fish. The oldest public building in the village is the 'Parliamentary' church built by Thomas Telford in 1829