Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Sandra and Donald MacKintosh, Rhuvoult
EXTERNAL ID
PC_WMORRISON_080
PLACENAME
Rhuvoult
DISTRICT
Eddrachillis and Durness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Eddrachillis
SOURCE
Willie Morrison
ASSET ID
30563
KEYWORDS
crofters
crofts
herring
Sandra and Donald MacKintosh, Rhuvoult

This photograph is of Sandra and Donald MacKintosh of Rhuvoult, near Kinlochbervie.

Kinlochbervie can be found on the west coast of Sutherland on the north side of Loch Inchard close to Rhiconich. Originally crofting was an important employment in the area but in the 1940s Kinlochbervie grew as a fishing port. East coast fishing boats were forced by fish numbers to fish further west and many boats landed their catch at Kinlochbervie. Today the village is one of Scotland's main ports for landing fish. The oldest public building in the village is the 'Parliamentary' church built by Thomas Telford in 1829

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Sandra and Donald MacKintosh, Rhuvoult

SUTHERLAND: Eddrachillis

crofters; crofts; herring

Willie Morrison

Willie Morrison Archive

This photograph is of Sandra and Donald MacKintosh of Rhuvoult, near Kinlochbervie.<br /> <br /> Kinlochbervie can be found on the west coast of Sutherland on the north side of Loch Inchard close to Rhiconich. Originally crofting was an important employment in the area but in the 1940s Kinlochbervie grew as a fishing port. East coast fishing boats were forced by fish numbers to fish further west and many boats landed their catch at Kinlochbervie. Today the village is one of Scotland's main ports for landing fish. The oldest public building in the village is the 'Parliamentary' church built by Thomas Telford in 1829