Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Residents of the White Hart Hotel on an excursion, Kintyre
EXTERNAL ID
QZP27_58_36_11
PLACENAME
Machrihanish
DISTRICT
Kintyre
PERIOD
1890s; 1900s; 1910s
CREATOR
Charles & Dennis MacGrory
SOURCE
Argyll and Bute Library & Information Service
ASSET ID
30613
KEYWORDS
hotels
White Hart Hotel
accommodation
Argyll Street
Campbeltown
excursions
outings
Residents of the White Hart Hotel on an excursion, Kintyre

This photograph shows some residents of the White Hart Hotel in Campbeltown on an excursion. Their horse-drawn charabanc is pictured outside the Ugadale Arms in Machrihanish, some five miles from Campbeltown. Horse-drawn charabancs were a popular mode of transport for outings and were later replaced by motorised versions. The Ugadale Arms was built in 1898

The White Hart Hotel was situated on Argyll Street in Campbeltown. The hotel was extended in 1897 and renovated in 1907. It had a billiards room, telephones to the Hotel Office on all floors, and electric bells throughout the building. To stay at the hotel for one week cost two pounds and five shillings


This image is available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email Argyll and Bute Library & Information Service

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Residents of the White Hart Hotel on an excursion, Kintyre

1890s; 1900s; 1910s

hotels; White Hart Hotel; accommodation; Argyll Street; Campbeltown; excursions; outings

Argyll and Bute Library & Information Service

MacGrory Brothers Archive

This photograph shows some residents of the White Hart Hotel in Campbeltown on an excursion. Their horse-drawn charabanc is pictured outside the Ugadale Arms in Machrihanish, some five miles from Campbeltown. Horse-drawn charabancs were a popular mode of transport for outings and were later replaced by motorised versions. The Ugadale Arms was built in 1898<br /> <br /> The White Hart Hotel was situated on Argyll Street in Campbeltown. The hotel was extended in 1897 and renovated in 1907. It had a billiards room, telephones to the Hotel Office on all floors, and electric bells throughout the building. To stay at the hotel for one week cost two pounds and five shillings <br /> <br /> <br /> This image is available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email <a href="mailto: libraryhq@argyll-bute.gov.uk">Argyll and Bute Library & Information Service</a>