Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Cairn at Achluachrach
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_39_P409B
PLACENAME
Achluachrach
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig
DATE OF IMAGE
1898
PERIOD
1890s
CREATOR
William Drummond-Norie
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
30798
KEYWORDS
cairns
Cairn at Achluachrach

Achluachrach (Place of the Rushes) is a village in the parish of Kilmonivaig. It is on the River Spean, three miles west of Tulloch and thirteen miles north-east of Fort William.

The photograph is from 'Loyal Lochaber. Historical Genealogical and Traditionary' by W Drummond Norie, Glasgow, 1898

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Cairn at Achluachrach

INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig

1890s

cairns

Highland Libraries

Fraser Mackintosh Collection (illustrations)

Achluachrach (Place of the Rushes) is a village in the parish of Kilmonivaig. It is on the River Spean, three miles west of Tulloch and thirteen miles north-east of Fort William. <br /> <br /> The photograph is from 'Loyal Lochaber. Historical Genealogical and Traditionary' by W Drummond Norie, Glasgow, 1898