Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
East end of Loch Lubnaig
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_349_P246
PLACENAME
Strathyre
DISTRICT
Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
PERTH
DATE OF IMAGE
1802
PERIOD
1800s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
31092
KEYWORDS
Loch Lubnaig
Strathyre
River Balvag
East end of Loch Lubnaig

At the east end of Loch Lubnaig lies the village of Strathyre. The old village was originally located on the opposite side of the River Balvag, on the route of an old drove road. The modern village dates from the time of the coming of the railways.

The illustration is from 'A Journey from Edinburgh through Parts of North Britain: containing Remarks of Scottish Landscape' by Alexander Campbell, London, 1802

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

East end of Loch Lubnaig

PERTH

1800s

Loch Lubnaig; Strathyre; River Balvag

Highland Libraries

Fraser Mackintosh Collection (illustrations)

At the east end of Loch Lubnaig lies the village of Strathyre. The old village was originally located on the opposite side of the River Balvag, on the route of an old drove road. The modern village dates from the time of the coming of the railways. <br /> <br /> The illustration is from 'A Journey from Edinburgh through Parts of North Britain: containing Remarks of Scottish Landscape' by Alexander Campbell, London, 1802