Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Ancient church and graveyard at Skipness, Kintyre
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_468_P209
PLACENAME
Skipness
DISTRICT
Kintyre
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ARGYLL: Saddell and Skipness
DATE OF IMAGE
1902
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
31288
KEYWORDS
chapels
churches
graveyards
cemeteries
Ancient church and graveyard at Skipness, Kintyre

This illustration was taken from "Argyll's Highlands" by Cuthbert Bede. It shows a photograph of an ancient church and graveyard at Skipness, Kintyre. The church dates from the early-14th century and is known as St Brendan's Chapel. The graveyard is still in use and contains medieval grave slabs and many 18th- and early-19th century stones. The ruined chapel and graveyard overlook the Sounds of Kilbrannan and Bute

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Ancient church and graveyard at Skipness, Kintyre

ARGYLL: Saddell and Skipness

chapels; churches; graveyards; cemeteries

Highland Libraries

Fraser Mackintosh Collection (photographs)

This illustration was taken from "Argyll's Highlands" by Cuthbert Bede. It shows a photograph of an ancient church and graveyard at Skipness, Kintyre. The church dates from the early-14th century and is known as St Brendan's Chapel. The graveyard is still in use and contains medieval grave slabs and many 18th- and early-19th century stones. The ruined chapel and graveyard overlook the Sounds of Kilbrannan and Bute