Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Old Ruined Chapel at Cove, Knapdale
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_2408_P002
PLACENAME
Cove
DISTRICT
Mid Argyll
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ARGYLL: South Knapdale
DATE OF IMAGE
1875
CREATOR
T P White
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
31478
KEYWORDS
chapels
churches
ruins
saints
buildings
religion
Old Ruined Chapel at Cove, Knapdale

Cove is near Ellary in Knapdale. The old ruined chapel at Cove dates from the 13th century and has associations with St Columba. The chapel ruins stand in front of a cave in which, according to tradition, St Columba stayed on his way to Iona.
This illustration was taken from 'Archaeological Sketches in Scotland: Knapdale and Gigha', by Captain TP White (1875)

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Old Ruined Chapel at Cove, Knapdale

ARGYLL: South Knapdale

chapels; churches; ruins; saints; buildings; religion

Highland Libraries

Fraser Mackintosh Collection (illustrations)

Cove is near Ellary in Knapdale. The old ruined chapel at Cove dates from the 13th century and has associations with St Columba. The chapel ruins stand in front of a cave in which, according to tradition, St Columba stayed on his way to Iona. <br /> This illustration was taken from 'Archaeological Sketches in Scotland: Knapdale and Gigha', by Captain TP White (1875)