Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Pulpit in Gaelic Church, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_3289_P116
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1875
PERIOD
1870s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
31751
KEYWORDS
pulpits
churches
ministers
sermons
services
families
Pulpit in Gaelic Church, Inverness

This elaborate oak pulpit was found in the Gaelic Church in Inverness. The Gaelic Church was later a Free Church and is now a bookshop.
The pulpit came originally from Holland and was gifted to the church by the Robertson of Inshes family. It was also known as the 'black pulpit'.

The pulpit was removed from the church to a warehouse when the congregations changed. It was destroyed when vandals broke into the warehouse.

This engraving can be found in 'Invernessiana: Contributions toward A History of the Town and Parish of Inverness, from 1160 to 1599', by Charles Fraser-Mackintosh.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Pulpit in Gaelic Church, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1870s

pulpits; churches; ministers; sermons; services; families

Highland Libraries

Fraser Mackintosh Collection (illustrations)

This elaborate oak pulpit was found in the Gaelic Church in Inverness. The Gaelic Church was later a Free Church and is now a bookshop. <br /> The pulpit came originally from Holland and was gifted to the church by the Robertson of Inshes family. It was also known as the 'black pulpit'.<br /> <br /> The pulpit was removed from the church to a warehouse when the congregations changed. It was destroyed when vandals broke into the warehouse.<br /> <br /> This engraving can be found in 'Invernessiana: Contributions toward A History of the Town and Parish of Inverness, from 1160 to 1599', by Charles Fraser-Mackintosh.