Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The Black Bridge, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_273369_087b
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1808
PERIOD
1800s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
31804
KEYWORDS
rivers
bridges
The Black Bridge, Inverness

In 1808 the area of Inverness on the western bank of the river had developed sufficiently to warrant the construction of a second bridge. This was a wooden structure known as the Black Bridge. In 1894 it was replaced by Waterloo Bridge.

The drawing is taken from 'Old Inverness' by Pierre Delavault (1903).

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The Black Bridge, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1800s

rivers; bridges

Highland Libraries

Old Inverness by Pierre Delavault (1903)

In 1808 the area of Inverness on the western bank of the river had developed sufficiently to warrant the construction of a second bridge. This was a wooden structure known as the Black Bridge. In 1894 it was replaced by Waterloo Bridge.<br /> <br /> The drawing is taken from 'Old Inverness' by Pierre Delavault (1903).