Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Caithness, 1925 - Wick Bridge
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CAITHNESS 1925-26_56001_025
PLACENAME
Wick
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Wick
PERIOD
1920s
CREATOR
Herbert Sinclair
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
31860
KEYWORDS
bridges
towns
Caithness, 1925 - Wick Bridge

This is a page from a book of photographs of Caithness from 1925. It shows a photograph of Wick Bridge on a Sunday morning. This bridge was completed in 1877 by Murdoch Paterson to replace the Telford Bridge. It is a wide, three-arched bridge on triangular cut waters, though only two of the arches can be seen in this photograph.

A Royal Burgh from 1589, the town of Wick has even more ancient origins, as shown by its name which comes from the Norse 'Vic', the word for bay. It lies on the north east coast of Scotland 19 miles south of John O'Groats.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Caithness, 1925 - Wick Bridge

CAITHNESS: Wick

1920s

bridges; towns

Highland Libraries

Caithness 1925

This is a page from a book of photographs of Caithness from 1925. It shows a photograph of Wick Bridge on a Sunday morning. This bridge was completed in 1877 by Murdoch Paterson to replace the Telford Bridge. It is a wide, three-arched bridge on triangular cut waters, though only two of the arches can be seen in this photograph.<br /> <br /> A Royal Burgh from 1589, the town of Wick has even more ancient origins, as shown by its name which comes from the Norse 'Vic', the word for bay. It lies on the north east coast of Scotland 19 miles south of John O'Groats.