Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
High Street, Nairn
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_0078_AT
PLACENAME
Nairn
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Nairn
DATE OF IMAGE
2010
PERIOD
2010s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
31967
KEYWORDS
towns
statues
tolbooths
High Street, Nairn

A view of Nairn High Street showing the villa which houses the Royal Bank of Scotland.

The building to the far right, with the spire, is Nairn Court House. Built in 1818, it was formerly the Tolbooth. A new steeple was added in 1860.

The Tolbooth had a small steeple and an outside stone staircase leading to the council chamber and behind it was a prison and a booth used by tradesmen on market day. Itinerant ministers used to preach from the staircase

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

High Street, Nairn

NAIRN: Nairn

2010s

towns; statues; tolbooths

Andrew Taylor

A view of Nairn High Street showing the villa which houses the Royal Bank of Scotland. <br /> <br /> The building to the far right, with the spire, is Nairn Court House. Built in 1818, it was formerly the Tolbooth. A new steeple was added in 1860.<br /> <br /> The Tolbooth had a small steeple and an outside stone staircase leading to the council chamber and behind it was a prison and a booth used by tradesmen on market day. Itinerant ministers used to preach from the staircase