Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Nairn Harbour
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_0122
PLACENAME
Nairn
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Nairn
DATE OF IMAGE
PERIOD
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
32014
KEYWORDS
ship
ships
boats
harbours
fishing
postcards
Nairn Harbour

This postcard shows the vessel 'The Bella of Findhorn' at Nairn Harbour. The boat was registered in Inverness.

A stone harbour has existed here since 1820, built to a design by Thomas Telford. In the middle of the 1800s, the town harboured 60 fishing boats and was home to 400 fishermen. One hundred years later its fishing community had disappeared, partly due to the town's transformation into a popular seaside resort

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Nairn Harbour

NAIRN: Nairn

ship; ships; boats; harbours; fishing; postcards

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard shows the vessel 'The Bella of Findhorn' at Nairn Harbour. The boat was registered in Inverness. <br /> <br /> A stone harbour has existed here since 1820, built to a design by Thomas Telford. In the middle of the 1800s, the town harboured 60 fishing boats and was home to 400 fishermen. One hundred years later its fishing community had disappeared, partly due to the town's transformation into a popular seaside resort