Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Ladies Walk, Conon
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_0403
PLACENAME
Conon Bridge
DISTRICT
Muir of Ord
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS
PERIOD
1910s; 1920s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
32325
KEYWORDS
postcards
rivers
villages
bridges
fishing
pearls
Ladies Walk, Conon

This postcard from the early twentieth century shows Ladies Walk, Conon.

This pretty path is alongside the River Conon in Easter Ross. The river is formed by the joining of the River Meig and the River Sheen. It then flows east through Strathconon and in to the Cromarty Firth at Conon Bridge.

The village of Conon, later called Conon Bridge, developed when a bridge was built over the River Conon in 1809 and with the coming of a new road from the south in 1814

The River Conon is not only well known for its trout and salmon but it was once also famous for its pearls

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Ladies Walk, Conon

ROSS

1910s; 1920s

postcards; rivers; villages; bridges; fishing; pearls

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard from the early twentieth century shows Ladies Walk, Conon. <br /> <br /> This pretty path is alongside the River Conon in Easter Ross. The river is formed by the joining of the River Meig and the River Sheen. It then flows east through Strathconon and in to the Cromarty Firth at Conon Bridge. <br /> <br /> The village of Conon, later called Conon Bridge, developed when a bridge was built over the River Conon in 1809 and with the coming of a new road from the south in 1814<br /> <br /> The River Conon is not only well known for its trout and salmon but it was once also famous for its pearls