Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Duncan Macdonald's shop in Evanton
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_0420
PLACENAME
Evanton
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kiltearn
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
32340
KEYWORDS
postcards
shops
villages
airfields
Duncan Macdonald's shop in Evanton

This postcard from the early 1950s shows Duncan Macdonald's shop in Evanton

The village of Evanton is situated on the north side of the Cromarty Firth about six miles east of Dingwall. The name literally means Evan's town. It was founded in 1810 by Evan Fraser of Balernie and populated by people cleared from valleys in the west to make way for sheep. An airfield was established at Evanton in 1920 and used by the Fleet Air Arm. In the 1970s an industrial estate was built on the site.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Duncan Macdonald's shop in Evanton

ROSS: Kiltearn

1950s

postcards; shops; villages; airfields

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard from the early 1950s shows Duncan Macdonald's shop in Evanton<br /> <br /> The village of Evanton is situated on the north side of the Cromarty Firth about six miles east of Dingwall. The name literally means Evan's town. It was founded in 1810 by Evan Fraser of Balernie and populated by people cleared from valleys in the west to make way for sheep. An airfield was established at Evanton in 1920 and used by the Fleet Air Arm. In the 1970s an industrial estate was built on the site.