Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kilmuir Churchyard
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_0821
PLACENAME
Kilmuir
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Knockbain
PERIOD
1910s; 1920s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
32738
KEYWORDS
postcards
churchyards
Kilmuir Church
graveyards
Kilmuir
Kilmuir Churchyard

This postcard shows Kilmuir Churchyard at North Kessock on the Black Isle. Within the churchyard are the remains of Kilmuir church, built during the 1400s and in use until 1764. During the 1800s the church was converted into a burial vault.

The community of Kilmuir was once very isolated but this changed with the construction of the Kessock Bridge in 1982. The linking of the Black Isle peninsula to the city of Inverness places Kilmuir only six miles outwith the centre of the Highland capital

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kilmuir Churchyard

ROSS: Knockbain

1910s; 1920s

postcards; churchyards; Kilmuir Church; graveyards; Kilmuir

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard shows Kilmuir Churchyard at North Kessock on the Black Isle. Within the churchyard are the remains of Kilmuir church, built during the 1400s and in use until 1764. During the 1800s the church was converted into a burial vault. <br /> <br /> The community of Kilmuir was once very isolated but this changed with the construction of the Kessock Bridge in 1982. The linking of the Black Isle peninsula to the city of Inverness places Kilmuir only six miles outwith the centre of the Highland capital