Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
King Edward Fountain, Invergordon
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_1048
PLACENAME
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosskeen
PERIOD
1890s; 1900s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
32969
KEYWORDS
postcards
fountains
King Edward VIII
royal visits
churches
King Edward Fountain, Invergordon

This postcard shows the King Edward Fountain on Invergordon High Street. Unveiled by Mrs MacDonald the Provost's wife in 1904, the fountain was funded by the Amenities Association and marked the royal visit of King Edward VIII to Invergordon in 1902. Behind it is Castle Road and in the background is the United Free Church, built in 1861 and now the Church of Scotland.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

King Edward Fountain, Invergordon

ROSS: Rosskeen

1890s; 1900s

postcards; fountains; King Edward VIII; royal visits; churches

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard shows the King Edward Fountain on Invergordon High Street. Unveiled by Mrs MacDonald the Provost's wife in 1904, the fountain was funded by the Amenities Association and marked the royal visit of King Edward VIII to Invergordon in 1902. Behind it is Castle Road and in the background is the United Free Church, built in 1861 and now the Church of Scotland.