Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Old Canisbay Church - between Mey and John O' Groats
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_1605
PLACENAME
Canisbay
DISTRICT
Caithness - Northern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Canisbay
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
33522
KEYWORDS
postcards
Caithness
churches
kirk
kirks
memorials
Old Canisbay Church - between Mey and John O' Groats

Postcard of Canisbay Church.

Canisbay is a small, scattered community. It's nineteenth century church is used occasionally by the Royal Family as it is not far from the Castle of Mey which was formerly owned by the Queen Mother.

The church is the most northerly parish church mainland Scotland. Inside is a memorial to Jan de Groot who started a ferry service to Orkney in 1496.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Old Canisbay Church - between Mey and John O' Groats

CAITHNESS: Canisbay

postcards; Caithness; churches; kirk; kirks; memorials

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

Postcard of Canisbay Church.<br /> <br /> Canisbay is a small, scattered community. It's nineteenth century church is used occasionally by the Royal Family as it is not far from the Castle of Mey which was formerly owned by the Queen Mother.<br /> <br /> The church is the most northerly parish church mainland Scotland. Inside is a memorial to Jan de Groot who started a ferry service to Orkney in 1496.