Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Glenferness House and rock walk
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_2677
PLACENAME
Glenferness
DISTRICT
Nairn (landward)
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Ardclach
PERIOD
1880s
CREATOR
J Valentine & Co.
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
34583
KEYWORDS
postcards
rocks
rivers
mansions
mansion houses
country house
country houses
woods
Glenferness House and rock walk

This postcard shows a walk along the rocky banks of the River Findhorn, with Glenferness House in the distance. The mansion house was founded in 1837 by Sir James Montgomery Cuninghame and stands in extensive wooded grounds. It has been owned by the Earls of Leven and Melville since 1870.

The River Findhorn at Glenferness is good for fishing. Often narrow and rocky, it contains many small runs and deep pools.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Glenferness House and rock walk

NAIRN: Ardclach

1880s

postcards; rocks; rivers; mansions; mansion houses; country house; country houses; woods

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard shows a walk along the rocky banks of the River Findhorn, with Glenferness House in the distance. The mansion house was founded in 1837 by Sir James Montgomery Cuninghame and stands in extensive wooded grounds. It has been owned by the Earls of Leven and Melville since 1870.<br /> <br /> The River Findhorn at Glenferness is good for fishing. Often narrow and rocky, it contains many small runs and deep pools.