Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rosebank Primary School, in Nairn
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_2797_AT
PLACENAME
Nairn
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Nairn
DATE OF IMAGE
2010
PERIOD
2010s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
34706
KEYWORDS
schools
academies
classrooms
Rosebank Primary School, in Nairn

Rosebank Primary School, in Nairn. This building was designed by William Mackintosh and constructed in 1901-3. An extension was added in the 1930s.

The original Academy in Nairn was funded by public subscription and built on land donated by Captain James Rose of Ivybank House. When the first classroom was opened in 1832, the school day lasted from 7 am to 5 pm, with a two-hour lunch break. In 1841 the Academy was renamed Rose's Academical Institution after its chief benefactor and retained this name until 1953 when it became known as Nairm Academy. In 1976 Nairn Academy moved to its present site in Duncan Drive

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rosebank Primary School, in Nairn

NAIRN: Nairn

2010s

schools; academies; classrooms

Andrew Taylor

Rosebank Primary School, in Nairn. This building was designed by William Mackintosh and constructed in 1901-3. An extension was added in the 1930s.<br /> <br /> The original Academy in Nairn was funded by public subscription and built on land donated by Captain James Rose of Ivybank House. When the first classroom was opened in 1832, the school day lasted from 7 am to 5 pm, with a two-hour lunch break. In 1841 the Academy was renamed Rose's Academical Institution after its chief benefactor and retained this name until 1953 when it became known as Nairm Academy. In 1976 Nairn Academy moved to its present site in Duncan Drive