Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Children's Playground at the Beach, Nairn
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_2804_AT
PLACENAME
Nairn
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
NAIRN: Nairn
DATE OF IMAGE
2010
PERIOD
2010s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
34716
KEYWORDS
playgrounds
playparks
parks
swing
tearooms
paddling pools
bandstands
Children's Playground at the Beach, Nairn

This photograph shows the children's playground on the Links at Nairn, with the beach beyond. There were plans to close the paddling pool in 1999 but a large petition ensured its survival.

Several improvements to the Links took place in the second half of the 19th century. Two large quarry holes were drained and grassed over and paths, shelters and seating were provided. A bandstand was opened in 1884. Today the area hosts games, shows and picnics and is used for the playing of cricket, a game introduced to Nairn by English labourers working on the construction of the Inverness-Nairn railway line in the 1850s.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Children's Playground at the Beach, Nairn

NAIRN: Nairn

2010s

playgrounds; playparks; parks; swing; tearooms; paddling pools; bandstands

Andrew Taylor

This photograph shows the children's playground on the Links at Nairn, with the beach beyond. There were plans to close the paddling pool in 1999 but a large petition ensured its survival. <br /> <br /> Several improvements to the Links took place in the second half of the 19th century. Two large quarry holes were drained and grassed over and paths, shelters and seating were provided. A bandstand was opened in 1884. Today the area hosts games, shows and picnics and is used for the playing of cricket, a game introduced to Nairn by English labourers working on the construction of the Inverness-Nairn railway line in the 1850s.