Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fountain and U.F. Church, Invergordon
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_5630
PLACENAME
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosskeen
PERIOD
1900s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
37256
KEYWORDS
postcards
fountains
churches
royal visits
Edward VII
Fountain and U.F. Church, Invergordon

This postcard shows the fountain and the United Free Church, Invergordon.

The fountain commemorates the royal visit of King Edward VIII and Queen Alexandra in 1902.

Unveiled by Mrs MacDonald, the Provost's wife, in 1904, the fountain was funded by the Amenities Association and marked the royal visit of King Edward VIII to Invergordon in 1902. Behind it is Castle Road and in the background is the United Free Church, built in 1861, and now the Church of Scotland.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fountain and U.F. Church, Invergordon

ROSS: Rosskeen

1900s

postcards; fountains; churches; royal visits; Edward VII

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard shows the fountain and the United Free Church, Invergordon.<br /> <br /> The fountain commemorates the royal visit of King Edward VIII and Queen Alexandra in 1902.<br /> <br /> Unveiled by Mrs MacDonald, the Provost's wife, in 1904, the fountain was funded by the Amenities Association and marked the royal visit of King Edward VIII to Invergordon in 1902. Behind it is Castle Road and in the background is the United Free Church, built in 1861, and now the Church of Scotland.