Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Rosskeen Parish Church, Invergordon
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_CARD_5656
PLACENAME
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosskeen
PERIOD
1930s; 1940s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
37282
KEYWORDS
postcards
churches
railways
Clan Munro
mausoleums
burial grounds
Rosskeen Parish Church, Invergordon

This postcard shows Rosskeen Parish Church.

The church is seen through the arch of one of the bridges carrying the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway line which opened in 1863.

The church was built in 1830-32 by James Smith on the site of an earlier chapel and burial ground containing the mausoleum of the Munro Family of Newmore c1664

The church was repaired and altered by Andrew Maitland in 1853. It is no longer used and has fallen in to a state of disrepair but the graveyard which surrounds it is still used.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Rosskeen Parish Church, Invergordon

ROSS: Rosskeen

1930s; 1940s

postcards; churches; railways; Clan Munro; mausoleums; burial grounds

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection

This postcard shows Rosskeen Parish Church.<br /> <br /> The church is seen through the arch of one of the bridges carrying the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway line which opened in 1863.<br /> <br /> The church was built in 1830-32 by James Smith on the site of an earlier chapel and burial ground containing the mausoleum of the Munro Family of Newmore c1664<br /> <br /> The church was repaired and altered by Andrew Maitland in 1853. It is no longer used and has fallen in to a state of disrepair but the graveyard which surrounds it is still used.