Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Inverness Castle ramparts from Castle Street
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_INV_MISC_PHOTO_026
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
37877
KEYWORDS
castles
Inverness Castle
ramparts
defense walls
car parks
William Burn
courthouse
courthouses
Inverness Castle ramparts from Castle Street

This photograph shows Inverness Castle ramparts from Castle Street. The car park in the foreground is still in existence today. The buildings to the right of the ramparts were demolished in the early 1960s, during a period of reconstruction to Bridge Street.

Inverness Castle was erected between 1833 and 1848. It was built to a plan by William Burn of Edinburgh but the site has been occupied by various fortified structures since as far back as the 1100s. Today the castle serves as an administrative centre and courthouse

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Inverness Castle ramparts from Castle Street

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

castles; Inverness Castle; ramparts; defense walls; car parks; William Burn; courthouse; courthouses

Highland Libraries

Views of Inverness, 1960s

This photograph shows Inverness Castle ramparts from Castle Street. The car park in the foreground is still in existence today. The buildings to the right of the ramparts were demolished in the early 1960s, during a period of reconstruction to Bridge Street.<br /> <br /> Inverness Castle was erected between 1833 and 1848. It was built to a plan by William Burn of Edinburgh but the site has been occupied by various fortified structures since as far back as the 1100s. Today the castle serves as an administrative centre and courthouse