Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Car park at Castle Street, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_INV_MISC_PHOTO_029
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
37882
KEYWORDS
car parks
castles
Inverness Castle
Car park at Castle Street, Inverness

This photograph shows the car park on Castle Street in Inverness, still in existence today. Above it is Inverness Castle. The present sandstone buildings were erected in 1833-36 to a plan by William Burn of Edinburgh but the site has been occupied by various fortified structures since as far back as the 1100s. Today the castle serves as an administrative centre and courthouse

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Car park at Castle Street, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s

car parks; castles; Inverness Castle

Highland Libraries

Views of Inverness, 1960s

This photograph shows the car park on Castle Street in Inverness, still in existence today. Above it is Inverness Castle. The present sandstone buildings were erected in 1833-36 to a plan by William Burn of Edinburgh but the site has been occupied by various fortified structures since as far back as the 1100s. Today the castle serves as an administrative centre and courthouse