Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kyle of Lochalsh library (interior 2006)
EXTERNAL ID
QZP40_KYLE_INT_2006
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
2006
PERIOD
2000s
SOURCE
Highland Libraries
ASSET ID
37888
KEYWORDS
libraries
village halls
Kyle of Lochalsh library (interior 2006)

Kyle of Lochalsh Public Hall is situated on Main Street, the road that leads north out of the village. This photograph of the interior was taken in 2006 and shows the small library with regular user, local historian William (Bill) Ramsay, at the photocopier.

The Foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, local landowners, and was officially opened on 8 April 1932. The library was incorporated into the building when the modern extension at the front was added but in March 2007 it was relocated closer to the centre of the village.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kyle of Lochalsh library (interior 2006)

ROSS: Lochalsh

2000s

libraries; village halls

Highland Libraries

Highland Libraries Past & Present

Kyle of Lochalsh Public Hall is situated on Main Street, the road that leads north out of the village. This photograph of the interior was taken in 2006 and shows the small library with regular user, local historian William (Bill) Ramsay, at the photocopier. <br /> <br /> The Foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, local landowners, and was officially opened on 8 April 1932. The library was incorporated into the building when the modern extension at the front was added but in March 2007 it was relocated closer to the centre of the village.