Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Opening of newly-extended golf course at Fortrose, 1924
EXTERNAL ID
ROMGH_PA_94_116
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
DATE OF IMAGE
1924
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Groam House Museum
ASSET ID
39195
KEYWORDS
sport
golf courses
Opening of newly-extended golf course at Fortrose, 1924

A group photograph, taken in 1924, of notable members of Fortrose and Rosemarkie Golf Club in front of the clubhouse at its opening after being newly-extended to eighteen holes. The golf course was first opened with six holes in June 1889. Competitions began the following year, and the clubhouse was opened in 1895, and extended in 1900.


This image may be available to purchase. For further information about purchasing and prices please email Groam House Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Opening of newly-extended golf course at Fortrose, 1924

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1920s

sport; golf courses

Groam House Museum

Groam House Museum Photographic Collection

A group photograph, taken in 1924, of notable members of Fortrose and Rosemarkie Golf Club in front of the clubhouse at its opening after being newly-extended to eighteen holes. The golf course was first opened with six holes in June 1889. Competitions began the following year, and the clubhouse was opened in 1895, and extended in 1900. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase. For further information about purchasing and prices please email <a href="mailto: admin@groamhouse.org.uk">Groam House Museum</a>