Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Clachan Church and churchyard.
EXTERNAL ID
ULMPH_2007_1780
PLACENAME
Applecross
DISTRICT
Lochcarron
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Applecross
SOURCE
Ullapool Museum
ASSET ID
40793
KEYWORDS
churches
graveyards
burial grounds
churchyards
Clachan Church and churchyard.

A general view of Clachan Church and churchyard in Applecross, on the west coast of the Highlands.

Situated on the ancient site of a church of St Maelrubha (AD 673), Clachan Church was built in 1817. The remains of carved Celtic crosses, dating from the 8th century, are still evident, housed in glass cases in the Heritage Centre, located opposite the church.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email Ullapool Museum

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Clachan Church and churchyard.

ROSS: Applecross

churches; graveyards; burial grounds; churchyards

Ullapool Museum

Ullapool Museum Photographic Collection

A general view of Clachan Church and churchyard in Applecross, on the west coast of the Highlands.<br /> <br /> Situated on the ancient site of a church of St Maelrubha (AD 673), Clachan Church was built in 1817. The remains of carved Celtic crosses, dating from the 8th century, are still evident, housed in glass cases in the Heritage Centre, located opposite the church. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email <a href="mailto: curator@ullapoolmuseum.co.uk">Ullapool Museum</a><br />