Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Inverness Town House - Windows 4a
EXTERNAL ID
AB_INVTOWNHOUSE07_40
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1870s;1880s
CREATOR
unknown
SOURCE
Am Baile
ASSET ID
415
KEYWORDS
Inverness Town House
stained glass windows
Inverness Burgh Coat of Arms
seals
Dominican Friars
Friary
Inverness Town House - Windows 4a

This photograph shows detail of the middle window on the east wall of the Main Hall in Inverness Town House.

The image of Christ on the Cross, in natural colours on a red shield, is from the original Inverness Burgh Coat of Arms. The Crucifix is taken from a seal belonging to a Dominican Friary which was in Inverness from 1233 until the Reformation. All that remains of the Friary is the old burial ground.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Inverness Town House - Windows 4a

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1870s;1880s

Inverness Town House; stained glass windows; Inverness Burgh Coat of Arms; seals; Dominican Friars; Friary

Am Baile

Inverness Town House 2007

This photograph shows detail of the middle window on the east wall of the Main Hall in Inverness Town House. <br /> <br /> The image of Christ on the Cross, in natural colours on a red shield, is from the original Inverness Burgh Coat of Arms. The Crucifix is taken from a seal belonging to a Dominican Friary which was in Inverness from 1233 until the Reformation. All that remains of the Friary is the old burial ground.