Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Bridge of Oich
EXTERNAL ID
KIGHF_HF_6_01_04
PLACENAME
Aberchalder
DISTRICT
Aird
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Boleskine and Abertarff
SOURCE
Highland Folk Museum
ASSET ID
42257
KEYWORDS
bridges
rivers
Oich
Aberchalder

Bridge of Oich

This is the original suspension bridge (now disused) over the river Oich at Aberchalder. It was designed and built by James Dredge of Bath in 1854, using new architectural techniques that drastically reduced the amount of iron used to construct bridges of this type.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Bridge of Oich

INVERNESS: Boleskine and Abertarff

bridges; rivers; Oich; Aberchalder;

Highland Folk Museum

Highland Folk Museum Photographic Collection

This is the original suspension bridge (now disused) over the river Oich at Aberchalder. It was designed and built by James Dredge of Bath in 1854, using new architectural techniques that drastically reduced the amount of iron used to construct bridges of this type.