Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The Opening of Thurso Fire Station
EXTERNAL ID
CAITHHORZ_THUFM_PH342
PLACENAME
Thurso
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Thurso
DATE OF IMAGE
22 September 1954
PERIOD
1950s
SOURCE
Caithness Horizons
ASSET ID
4630
KEYWORDS
fire stations
fire brigades
The Opening of Thurso Fire Station

This photograph shows the official opening of Thurso Fire Station on 22 September 1954. The ceremony was conducted by Provost John Sinclair (pictured wearing the ceremonial chain of the Provost's office).

The station was built by Messrs J. and G. B. Mackay of Bettyhill. It comprised an appliance room, store room, muster room, office and hose drying room.


This image may be available to purchase.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Caithness Horizons

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The Opening of Thurso Fire Station

CAITHNESS: Thurso

1950s

fire stations; fire brigades

Caithness Horizons

Caithness Horizons

This photograph shows the official opening of Thurso Fire Station on 22 September 1954. The ceremony was conducted by Provost John Sinclair (pictured wearing the ceremonial chain of the Provost's office).<br /> <br /> The station was built by Messrs J. and G. B. Mackay of Bettyhill. It comprised an appliance room, store room, muster room, office and hose drying room. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image may be available to purchase.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href="mailto: joannehowdle@caithnesshorizons.co.uk">Caithness Horizons</a>