Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Edward, Prince of Wales inspecting Boy Scouts
EXTERNAL ID
GB232_D375_P009
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
26 June 1931
PERIOD
1930s
SOURCE
Highland Archive Centre
ASSET ID
8094
KEYWORDS
royal visits
Edward VIII
Boy Scouts
Edward, Prince of Wales inspecting Boy Scouts

Edward, Prince of Wales visited Inverness on 26 June 1931. He had been invited by Provost Alexander MacEwen to address the annual conference of the British Legion (Scotland) and to accept the award of the Freedom of Inverness. His other engagements included a visit to a workshop employing disabled ex-servicemen and the official opening of two new departments at the Royal Northern Infirmary.

Here the Prince is pictured inspecting Boy Scouts before opening the new Maud Lawson Memorial Hall on Bank Street. The Guard of Honour was provided by Lady Lawson's own troop of Scouts, the Dochfour Troop


For further information about this item and the collection to which it belongs, please email the Highland Archive Service

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Edward, Prince of Wales inspecting Boy Scouts

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1930s

royal visits; Edward VIII; Boy Scouts

Highland Archive Centre

MacEwen Photographic Archive

Edward, Prince of Wales visited Inverness on 26 June 1931. He had been invited by Provost Alexander MacEwen to address the annual conference of the British Legion (Scotland) and to accept the award of the Freedom of Inverness. His other engagements included a visit to a workshop employing disabled ex-servicemen and the official opening of two new departments at the Royal Northern Infirmary.<br /> <br /> Here the Prince is pictured inspecting Boy Scouts before opening the new Maud Lawson Memorial Hall on Bank Street. The Guard of Honour was provided by Lady Lawson's own troop of Scouts, the Dochfour Troop <br /> <br /> <br /> For further information about this item and the collection to which it belongs, please <a href="mailto: archives@highlifehighland.com">email</a> the Highland Archive Service