Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
A W Chapman & Co, Eastgate, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB232_D582_EASTGATE
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Archive Centre
ASSET ID
8187
KEYWORDS
motor cars
register of motor cars
registration numbers
public conveyances
petrol pumps
tractor
cycle
bicycle
bicycles
advertisement
advertisements
A W Chapman & Co, Eastgate, Inverness

This photograph shows the Ford dealership of A W Chapman & Co at 49 Eastgate, Inverness, with two Model T Fords parked outside it. Model T Fords were produced between 1908 and 1927. The car on the left bears registration number ST1544, and was registered in July 1920 in the name of A W Chapman & Co, 49 Eastgate, for use as a public conveyance. It was listed as a 'Touring' model in 'Blue Black'.

The people grouped around the cars may be the staff of A W Chapman & Co. Behind them, in the entrance, is a Pratt's petrol pump. The posters at 47 Eastgate, behind the car on the left, are advertising Fordson tractors. To the left of that again is a shop window advertising Centaur Cycles.

Later in the 1920s, A W Chapman & Co of Eastgate, Inverness, were advertising in 'The Inverness Courier' as the 'Authorised Wolseley Dealers'.


For further information about this item and the collection to which it belongs, please email the Highland Archive Service

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

A W Chapman & Co, Eastgate, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1920s

motor cars; register of motor cars; registration numbers; public conveyances; petrol pumps; tractor; cycle; bicycle; bicycles; advertisement; advertisements

Highland Archive Centre

This photograph shows the Ford dealership of A W Chapman & Co at 49 Eastgate, Inverness, with two Model T Fords parked outside it. Model T Fords were produced between 1908 and 1927. The car on the left bears registration number ST1544, and was registered in July 1920 in the name of A W Chapman & Co, 49 Eastgate, for use as a public conveyance. It was listed as a 'Touring' model in 'Blue Black'.<br /> <br /> The people grouped around the cars may be the staff of A W Chapman & Co. Behind them, in the entrance, is a Pratt's petrol pump. The posters at 47 Eastgate, behind the car on the left, are advertising Fordson tractors. To the left of that again is a shop window advertising Centaur Cycles. <br /> <br /> Later in the 1920s, A W Chapman & Co of Eastgate, Inverness, were advertising in 'The Inverness Courier' as the 'Authorised Wolseley Dealers'. <br /> <br /> <br /> For further information about this item and the collection to which it belongs, please <a href="mailto: archives@highlifehighland.com">email</a> the Highland Archive Service