Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Black Isle Combination Poor House: first floor
EXTERNAL ID
GB232_DG_POORHOUSE_154_3
PLACENAME
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS
DATE OF IMAGE
1906
PERIOD
1900s
SOURCE
Highland Archive Centre
ASSET ID
8343
KEYWORDS
poorhouses
plans
drawings
architecture
zoomable

The Black Isle Combination Poorhouse was built in 1859, near Fortrose. It served the parishes of Avoch, Cromarty, Killearnan, Knockbain, Resolis, Rosemarkie and Urquhart. The plan shows proposed changes to the bathrooms and lavatories, and bears the signature of James D. Munro, the Dean of Guild, whose approval was required for new buildings or changes to existing ones.


For further information about this item and the collection to which it belongs, please email the Highland Archive Service

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Black Isle Combination Poor House: first floor

ROSS

1900s

poorhouses; plans; drawings; architecture; zoomable

Highland Archive Centre

Dean of Guild Plans

The Black Isle Combination Poorhouse was built in 1859, near Fortrose. It served the parishes of Avoch, Cromarty, Killearnan, Knockbain, Resolis, Rosemarkie and Urquhart. The plan shows proposed changes to the bathrooms and lavatories, and bears the signature of James D. Munro, the Dean of Guild, whose approval was required for new buildings or changes to existing ones. <br /> <br /> <br /> For further information about this item and the collection to which it belongs, please <a href="mailto: archives@highlifehighland.com">email</a> the Highland Archive Service