Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Army form N 1475 C
EXTERNAL ID
Z_PC_WGORDON3_004_046
DATE OF IMAGE
1945
PERIOD
1940s
SOURCE
W Gordon
ASSET ID
8447
KEYWORDS
army documents
British Army
World War II
prisoners of war
Army form N 1475 C

This image shows page one of an army form entitled 'Air Movement Instruction Passengers ex India ' (Army form N 1475 C). The form was issued to John Gordon of the Royal Signals. Signalman Gordon, while serving in Malaya, was captured by Japanese soldiers. He spent a period of three years as a prisoner of war before being repatriated in 1945. The form states that before travelling by air, the ex prisoner of war must be in possession of a valid vaccination certficate against small pox and an innnoculation certficate against cholera.

After the war years, John Gordon went on to become the proprietor of the music shop, 'The Record Rendezvous', located at Church Street, Inverness.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Army form N 1475 C

1940s

army documents; British Army; World War II; prisoners of war

W Gordon

Winnie Gordon (documents)

This image shows page one of an army form entitled 'Air Movement Instruction Passengers ex India ' (Army form N 1475 C). The form was issued to John Gordon of the Royal Signals. Signalman Gordon, while serving in Malaya, was captured by Japanese soldiers. He spent a period of three years as a prisoner of war before being repatriated in 1945. The form states that before travelling by air, the ex prisoner of war must be in possession of a valid vaccination certficate against small pox and an innnoculation certficate against cholera.<br /> <br /> After the war years, John Gordon went on to become the proprietor of the music shop, 'The Record Rendezvous', located at Church Street, Inverness.