Ùrachadh mu Dheireadh 26/06/2018
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TIOTAL
Pàirt de Shuirbhidh Òrdanais de dh'Inbhir Nis
EXTERNAL ID
HC_INVERNESS_1869_040
ÀITE
Inbhir Nis
SIORRACHD/PARRAIST
INBHIR NIS: Inbhir Nis 's Am Bànath
DEIT
1869
LINN
1860an
CRUTHADAIR
Ordnance Survey
NEACH-FIOSRACHAIDH
Comhairle na Gàidhealtachd, Roinn Seilbh & Ailtirean
AITHNEACHADH MAOINE
13433
KEYWORDS
mapaichean
planaichean

This is Sheet XII.2.21 of the Ordnance Plan of Inverness (1869). It shows land to the east and west of Culduthel Road. Notable features and buildings include: Hedgefield House; Muirfield House; Muirfield Cottage; the Poorhouse; and Sunnybank.

This sheet forms part of the Ordnance Plan of Inverness, surveyed in 1868 and published in 1869. The scale is 1:500 which was adopted from 1855 and allowed for any feature over six inches wide to be shown, including lamp-posts, trees, fire hydrants, water taps, manholes, steps, pavements and garden paths. Ground floor layouts of public buildings, such as churches, town halls and prisons, were also shown. The Inverness plan has coloured maps: carmine (red) for stone or brick buildings; grey for wooden or metal buildings; sienna (yellow-brown) for roads; and blue for water.

Founded in 1791, the Ordnance Survey concentrated first on southern England before moving on to Ireland in the 1820s and northern England and Scotland in the 1840s. Between 1847 and 1895 a total of sixty-one Scottish towns were mapped.

Airson stiùireadh mu bhith a’ cleachdadh ìomhaighean agus susbaint eile, faicibh duilleag ‘Na Cumhaichean air Fad.’
’S e companaidh cuibhrichte fo bharantas clàraichte ann an Alba Àir. SC407011 agus carthannas clàraichte Albannach Àir. SC042593 a th’ ann an High Life na Gàidhealtachd.
Powered by Capture

Pàirt de Shuirbhidh Òrdanais de dh'Inbhir Nis

INBHIR NIS: Inbhir Nis 's Am Bànath

1860an

mapaichean; planaichean

Comhairle na Gàidhealtachd, Roinn Seilbh & Ailtirean

Ordnance Survey of Inverness, 1869

This is Sheet XII.2.21 of the Ordnance Plan of Inverness (1869). It shows land to the east and west of Culduthel Road. Notable features and buildings include: Hedgefield House; Muirfield House; Muirfield Cottage; the Poorhouse; and Sunnybank.<br /> <br /> This sheet forms part of the Ordnance Plan of Inverness, surveyed in 1868 and published in 1869. The scale is 1:500 which was adopted from 1855 and allowed for any feature over six inches wide to be shown, including lamp-posts, trees, fire hydrants, water taps, manholes, steps, pavements and garden paths. Ground floor layouts of public buildings, such as churches, town halls and prisons, were also shown. The Inverness plan has coloured maps: carmine (red) for stone or brick buildings; grey for wooden or metal buildings; sienna (yellow-brown) for roads; and blue for water. <br /> <br /> Founded in 1791, the Ordnance Survey concentrated first on southern England before moving on to Ireland in the 1820s and northern England and Scotland in the 1840s. Between 1847 and 1895 a total of sixty-one Scottish towns were mapped.