Am Baile: highland history and cultureHighland Council logo

Clachnaharry Monument, Clachnaharry, Inverness

Clachnaharry Monument, Clachnaharry, Inverness

Larger picture

Print this page

Email a friend

Make a Comment

Add to Scrapbook

Share

LOCATION: Inverness
PERIOD: 1910s; 1920s
OLD COUNTY/PARISH: INVERNESS:Inverness and Bona
CONTRIBUTOR: Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
COLLECTION NAME: Joseph Cook
location map

Monument erected in 1821 at Clachnaharry, Inverness by Mr R Duff of Muirtown. It commemorates a battle between members of the Clan Chattan (or Macintosh) and the Clan Munro in 1454



IDENTIFIER: GB1796_1999_116_005

This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices email:
photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com


Find out more about the photograph collector - Joseph Cook



Some other items in this collection...



Artillery volunteer officers 1895

Artillery volunteer officers 1895

HMS Briton, Caledonian Canal, Inverness

HMS Briton, Caledonian Canal, Inverness

Kilmorack Falls, near Beauly, before the building of the dam

Kilmorack Falls, near Beauly, before the building of the dam

Thatched cottages, Tomnahurich Street, Inverness

Thatched cottages, Tomnahurich Street, Inverness





Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Am Baile/The Gaelic Village