Am Baile: highland history and cultureHighland Council logo

War Memorial, Inverness

War Memorial, Inverness

Larger picture

Print this page

Email a friend

Make a Comment

Add to Scrapbook

Share

LOCATION: Inverness
PERIOD: 1940s; 1950s
OLD COUNTY/PARISH: INVERNESS:Inverness and Bona
CONTRIBUTOR: Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
COLLECTION NAME: Jimmy Nairn & Son
CREATOR: J Nairn
location map

The War Memorial at Cavell Gardens, Inverness commemorates the dead of the two World Wars. The red sandstone celtic cross was designed by John Hinton Gall. Also pictured is the Infirmary Footbridge built in 1881 by William Smith and sons at Ness Iron Works



IDENTIFIER: PAN_9_49

To view extracts from Jimmy Nairn's films click here

Find out more about the photographer - Jimmy Nairn


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices email:
photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com



Some other items in this collection...



Members of the Clergy at Fort Augustus Abbey

Members of the Clergy at Fort Augustus Abbey

Kessock Ferry swim, 1954

Kessock Ferry swim, 1954

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother visits Inverness, 1953

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother visits Inverness, 1953

Boy Scouts at Arts Centre, 1950s

Boy Scouts at Arts Centre, 1950s





Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Am Baile/The Gaelic Village