Am Baile: highland history and cultureHighland Council logo

Lentran Station from the north end, c 1930

Lentran Station from the north end, c 1930

Larger picture

Print this page

Email a friend

Make a Comment

Add to Scrapbook

Share

LOCATION: Lentran
PERIOD: 1930s
DISTRICT: Aird
OLD COUNTY/PARISH: INVERNESS:Kirkhill
CONTRIBUTOR: Highland Railway Society
COLLECTION NAME: Highland Railway Society - Stations
IMAGE CREATED: c1930
location map

A view of Lentran Station from the north end, taken circa 1930.

Lentran Station, on the Far North Line, was opened by the Inverness and Ross-shire Railway in June 1862. It stopped receiving passenger services in June 1960 and goods services in September 1964.



IDENTIFIER: PC_HRS_STATIONS_001_1029

Find out more about the Highland Railway Society

Browse Highland Railway Society publications including Lost Stations on the Far North Line (2010)



Some other items in this collection...



BR 55212 at Ballinluig, July 1957

BR 55212 at Ballinluig, July 1957

The end of the line at Fortrose, 1960

The end of the line at Fortrose, 1960

Aberfeldy Station looking east CR 0-4-4 running round

Aberfeldy Station looking east CR 0-4-4 running round

Signal box and a Class 26 diesel at Georgemas Junction

Signal box and a Class 26 diesel at Georgemas Junction





Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Am Baile/The Gaelic Village