This picture shows Dunrobin private station in the snow, 1902.
Dunrobin station in Sutherland opened in November 1870 as part of the Duke of Sutherland's Railway between Golspie, Brora and Helmsdale. The Duke himself - George Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 3rd Duke of Sutherland - paid to build this railway. This is now part of the Far North Line between Inverness and Wick/Thurso.
This was originally a private station for Dunrobin castle, the Duke's home. The station closed on 29 January 1965 but it was reopened as "Dunrobin Castle" on 30 June 1985. The station is open each year in spring and summer for tourists visiting the castle.
In addition to having their own private station, the Dukes of Sutherland also had their own private train.
The 4th Duke - Cromartie Sutherland-Leveson-Gower - bought a locomotive in 1895 named "Dunrobin" and this was used by the family until around 1920. Among the people who travelled aboard Dunrobin were four kings (Edward VII, George V, George VI, Alfonso King of Spain and Kaiser Wilhelm II) and Winston Churchill.
After more than 20 years in Canada, this locomotive was bought by Beamish Museum in County Durham in 2011 where it will once again pull a train.